Hiding the last name in a Facebook profile has never been easy. But by following this tiny tutorial, you can hide or remove your last name from your profile on Facebook. You can also use this method to hide your middle name with the same hack. By default, Facebook doesn’t allow to removal of the last/middle name for most of the countries. Hence, it was a hectic job. This method works with a simple hack on IP. Here you are actually masking your location and entering into Indonesian IP where removal of last name is allowed.
Actually, I posted on the same topic some days ago. But all of those IP addresses got blocked by Facebook itself and we couldn’t use the method. I’ve got a new IP address which is working fine for this tutorial. So, follow me to hide your last name on Facebook without any glitches.
- Mozilla Firefox (Recommended) or Google Chrome
- Permission to Access Your Facebook Profile
- A little bit of time.
How To Hide/Remove Last Name on Facebook
First of all, make sure you have installed the Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC. You can also do the same with Google Chrome. But I recommend Firefox for a hassle-free workout. Here we go,
- Open Firefox and move on to Options > Advanced> Network Settings.
- Now Under Connection Settings , Choose Manual Proxy Configuration and insert HTTP Proxy and Port as follows. Proxy – 126.96.36.199, port – 80. You can see the screenshot below. Don’t forget to mark the option “Use this proxy server for all protocols”.
- NOTE: The above-mentioned IP and Port addresses were last checked on 2nd May 2013 and confirmed as working. In case it does not work, click here and find an Indonesian Proxy and implement it there. That’s all.
- In order to check whether you have successfully changed your IP to an Indonesian one, Click Here and verify it. If you did it correctly, you may see something like this.
- Now open your Facebook account and move into the bottom part of the page. You may see your current language there. It might be in English (if you didn’t change it earlier). You have to click there and change it to Bahasa Indonesia. (It’s a must)
- After changing your language, go to the General Settings Page and remove your last/middle name, and insert a password to save. Done. 😀 You can refer below how what it looks like.
Hope you can hide your name using this simple tweak. After saving your profile change, go to connection settings again and reset the IP to default or just click automatic IP detection. In case you don’t have Mozilla Firefox, just do the same settings in Google Chrome via LAN Settings. You can also see my profile screenshot above.
Do share this if it helped you and also leave your comments on whether it worked for you. 😀 Have a blast and amaze your friends.
Credits: This hack is not invented by me and the source is TheLacunaBlog. Thanks for the tutorial.