If there’s anything a blogger loves except traffic, it has to be the advertiser.
There are several ways to monetize your blog and earn money, and direct advertisement is one of the most preferred ways to monetize. Usually, it includes selling a specified space of your blog to them so that they can put up their ads there.
Compared to affiliate marketing, it’s more awesome as it gives you full control over what you earn. And, not much risk is involved here.
But how to attract advertisers, right?
- Well, most of the blogs today have dedicated ‘Advertise with us’ pages, but still, most of the blogs couldn’t get a perfect advertiser; mostly because of traffic.
So here’s a guide on how to attract advertisers to your website.
Table of Contents
Placing a Banner
The banner is an essential part of attracting advertisers. As most of the advertisers tend to visit the homepage, the banner will directly take you to the homepage. Put it over the sidebar or at the top. You can use a plugin like OIO Publisher to automate this process.
Enhancing the Advertising Page
Advertisers are more interested in facts and figures than anything else. You can release a media kit for your website on the advertising page. The Media kit includes almost everything about your blog. It includes:
- About your Facebook likes and Twitter followers and so on. It also includes your blog’s PA, DA, and PR.
- Google Analytics Stats: Pageviews, bounce rate, etc.
- Advertising units available in your blog and the rate of each of them.
- Position of your posts in the search engine
- Information about your traffic: sex-wise, age-wise, country-wise
Also, include a contact form alongside it and mention the mode of payment.
Get in touch with other Bloggers
Blogging is not a one-man show, you have to build connections with other bloggers too. Irrespective of your niche, you should make friends with the bloggers, you never know when you need their help.
Not only you will get support and advice, but you might also get to know about prosperous opportunities.
Advertisers usually look for blogs that are niche-specific rather than multi-niche blogs. They want more sales of their products so of course they will look for blogs that adhere to their products. No advertiser would like to advertise about their gadget in a cookery blog.
Don’t Put Irrelevant Ads
It’s just a part of the former one. Don’t put unrelated ads to your blog like putting a cookery ad on a tech blog.