Duplicate files on a Windows PC take up additional space & make file organization more difficult. They have the ability to degrade your viewing experience. Nevertheless, you should not be concerned. This post will demonstrate how to discover duplicate files on a Windows PC and easily delete duplicate files. As a result, a tool to remove all duplicate files is required. Such tools are known by numerous names, such as duplicate file finder, duplicate file removal, duplicate file cleaner, and so on.
Duplicate files or documents are a persistent cause of annoyance for Windows users, regardless of the machine or operating system they use. Two copies or duplicates not only consume storage space or additional space, but they also slow down a computer and block the HDD, making searching for data more difficult. To resolve the issue, manually or using the duplicate file finder tool, remove duplicate files or directories from your system.
Manually eliminating duplicates might take some time. Nonetheless, with the greatest duplicate file detecting and removal programme, such as Duplicate Files Fixer, you can effortlessly eliminate duplicate photos, videos, documents, music, and other files.
There are various ways by which you can delete such files:
Method 1: Delete duplicate files in File Explorer.
File Explorer (formerly known as Windows Explorer) is a file management programme that comes standard with Microsoft Windows. As a result, many users utilise File Explorer to organise their photographs or eliminate duplicates.
While File Explorer lacks a function for dealing with duplicate files, there are several ways to easily delete duplicate files from your disc using File Explorer. Nonetheless, the procedure may take some time.
- Launch File Explorer by using the Windows+E key combination.
Open a folder, & search for and remove duplicate files.
Type the file name you are searching for into the search box and choose the exact match from the drop-down menu that displays. This will show all results in the folder/subfolders.
Navigate to the View tab and pick Extra big icons/Large icons. Select the Details pane option as well.
Select Size or Name from the Sort by dropdown menu.
Examine the files for repetition by previewing & comparing them.
Select a large number of undesired duplicate files, right-click, and select Delete.
Avoid searching system files such as Windows, Program Files, and PerfLogs while looking for files duplicates on the computer. Regardless of whether these files/folders include duplicate files, it is not recommended that you delete them.
The best way to eliminate duplicate files is to use Best Duplicate File Finder::
The Duplicate Files Fixer (DFF) tool recognizes identical duplicates of images, files, documents, music, videos, & other files. This duplicate file finder may also look for duplicate files on hard discs, external drives, cloud storage, and USB devices. Simply drag and drop files/folders to scan, and our duplication detection programme will do the rest. Let us now look at the features of Duplicate Files Fixer:
Duplicate Files Fixer uses a new technique to find duplicate files instead of typical parameters including name and size.
This duplicate file detection utility can identify duplicate documents, photos, audio & video files, or other sorts of files.
Folders to exclude: Folder limitation is a feature of Duplicate File Fixer (DFF) that allows users to intentionally ignore directories. This saves time and effort by removing any copies/duplicates from the final output first.
Creates a backup: Before eliminating any found duplicates, the tool can create a backup. If required, such backups can be used to recover files or be erased once you’ve determined that the restoration or backup folder contains duplicates.
External HDDs are scanned: Unlike others, this programme detects and removes duplicate files/copies from external HDDs, pen drives, and other storage devices.
Duplicate Files Fixer removal instructions for Windows computers
- Duplicate Files Fixer (DFF) may be downloaded by clicking the link below.
- Follow the on-screen directions. Select scan mode after installing the application.
- Check Computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive, and then Add a Folder to the option Add a Folder to search for duplicates. Users may scan files by dragging and dropping them into the programme.
- After that, choose Scan for Duplicates and wait for the scan results to finish.
- Wait until the scan is complete before viewing the whole list of copies/duplicates that have been classified. You have the option of eliminating tabs or deleting all files.
- Double-click each one to inspect it. A preview will be displayed in the right pane.
- Remove the copies/duplicates by selecting them. If manually choosing duplicates is too time-consuming, utilize the Auto mark option. This will aid with duplicate auto-selection, ensuring that only one duplicate of each group is secure (unselected)
- Automark comes with a variety of tools for detecting duplicates and utilising them as needed.
- After you’ve selected the duplicates/copies, click Delete Marked, then authorize the action and wait for the procedure to complete.
- You will then be informed of the action taken.
- To return to the results box, click Ok. To create new directories, just click the Back button and then resume the procedures to delete duplicate files.
We assume you know how to erase duplicate files on a Windows machine. You can use Duplicate Files Fixer (DFF), the finest programme for discovering and removing duplicates, as advised. Duplicates may be found and deleted with a few clicks on your PC, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Duplicate file removal is straightforward with Duplicate Files Fixer (DFF) software installed and running on your computer. It is vital to maintain the computer clutter-free to guarantee maximum system efficiency. Furthermore, buying additional storage may be costly if you employ (SSD) solid-state drives. As a result, it’s always a good idea to maintain the drive optimized with a programme that offers a money-back guarantee and specializes in deleting duplicate data.