One of the finest additions Google brought in their latest Android version Marshmallow is the ‘Doze’ feature. If your phone goes idle for a couple of minutes, by reading the phone’s sensor status, the Android system will hibernate the apps to save more juice from your battery. But you will still receive calls and text messages.
If you want to force the system to activate the doze feature quickly, you can use Greenify’s Aggressive Doze feature. It’s an experimental feature to induce a doze feature whenever your screen turns off. But the option is not yet introduced in the normal Greenify versions that you’d see in the Play Store. You may need to join their Beta testing program to get this feature.
In this tutorial, I’ll guide you to get the Aggressive Doze feature in the Greenify app to get an excellent battery backup on your Android. This feature doesn’t actually require root access. But for non-rooted users, there are some more steps to do to get this activated.
How to Enable Aggressive Doze Feature in Greenify (Root Users)
- Head on to Greenify’s beta channel [link] and join their beta program.
- If Greenify is already installed on your phone, you’ll get the app update through the Play Store. Otherwise, download the app from the Play Store. (Make sure you use the same E-mail for Play Store and joining the beta program)
- After installing the app, add the apps which you want to hibernate on. It may look like this. Grant root permission when asked.
- Now tap on the 3 dots in the top right and choose Aggressive Doze mode. That’s it.
Enable Greenify Doze Feature for Non-Root Users
- Hope you have installed the Greenify Beta version as described above.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer options. (If you can’t see the Developer option under settings, go to ‘About Phone’ and tap Build Number until the Developer menu is enabled).
- Download ADB drivers on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to the computer (Make sure the Debugging option is enabled) and open a command window there.
- Execute the following command and check if it returns a string. If yes, your phone has been detected by the computer. Else re-download and install ADB drivers on your PC.
adb -d shell pm grant com.oasisfeng.greenify android.permission.DUMP
- Now follow step 3 to make use of this feature.
You have enabled the Aggressive Doze mode in the Greenify app to save more power in your phone running on Android 6 Marshmallow. Let us know how much this article helped you to save your battery juice.