Good writing gives energy, whatever it is about.
- Marilyn Hacker
Are you afraid of writing an essay? Do you try to abstain from indulging in this task? Does fear grip you when you are given the task of writing it? If you get anxious when your teacher asks you to write the essay while teaching via LMS portals, there is nothing to be greatly worried about. After all, it is usual to feel a bit intimidated by the mammoth task of producing a well-crafted essay. We know how arduous a task it is because you have to research a lot and make proper application of your knowledge to complete writing the essay.
No matter if you are a school or college student, essay writing has emerged as a crucial academic task presently. The craft of writing a good essay has a lot to do with the creativity of every individual. Yes, essays are indeed meant to be afraid, but guess what? This is often the contrary. Because it can be a fun task provided you know some cool tips to pull off writing an essay pretty well.
In this blog post, we will look at the top 5 tips that can help you write essays easily. Let’s see what these are, shall we?
Essays are usually written as answers to specific questions or assigned topics. Once you get to know the topic, spend some time analysing the question. Be clear-headed about what is specifically expected by the educators in the essay. Focus on presenting the core topic in the essay, define the scope of the written matter, and employ various techniques such as comparison, evaluation, definition, and analysis to present the topic details in an incredibly good format.
Planning out the outline of the essay is essential because only then can you go about the topic in the best way possible. For instance, you can start with the introduction, then include the relevant number of paragraphs, offer a supporting statement to back the content you have written, and then insert the ultimate ‘full-stop’ by giving the essay an apt conclusion.
The essay that you will be writing needs to convince the examiner about the point that you make. Include proper evidence, valid arguments and relevant reasoning to establish your point in the written matter. Make sure that your essay is rich with logical arguments that give rise to valid points and make the readers truly understand what you wish to express through the essay.
Your essay needs to attract readers so that you can impress the persons checking your written matter. If the first line of your essay becomes captivating enough, your essay will likely stand out from other submissions. If the introduction succeeds in catching the attention of your teachers, know that you will then achieve a great feat. It will indeed be awesome!
Essay writing is an assessment by which your writing skills, knowledge about the topic, and usage of sources can be judged. It is a good idea to make your own creative writing, perspective, arguments and innovative ideas constitute 60% of the entire essay. While the other 40% of the essay can be attributed to penning down matter from various sources.
Always maintain your integrity and attempt to give proper credit to the sources from where you have taken the information. Citation is a must while writing information directly from sources. Follow this 60-40 approach to strike the right balance between writing creatively and taking inspiration from the sources.
Writing an essay is way too interesting, and so you should have fun while writing it. After all, it is not necessarily boring. Follow the guidance that your teachers offer via the education app and adhere to the instructions to come up with an excellent essay. Just follow these tips, and you are sure to do it well. Happy essay-writing!