Now root galaxy grand Duos GT-i9082 with CWM Recovery installation. Samsung Galaxy Grand is a newcomer amidst the prestigious Galaxy series. It has come with amazing features as well as awesome hardware configuration. Samsung Galaxy Grand has also been voted the top-selling smartphone in 2013 so far.
Recently one of my friends asked me to suggest a good Android phone so that he has to purchase one. Within no time, I advised him to grab Galaxy Grand and he is extremely satisfied with the super cool smartphone. Thank God. Since Galaxy Grand is a new phone, I didn’t get any device on my hand to test drive it in order to try with the rooting procedures.
In fact, I may be getting one soon. So, here I explain how you can root and install the latest ClockWorkMod along with it. Frankly saying, this method isn’t tested on my behalf but this cannot be wrong. Am I much more confident? Yeah, I’m.
The rooting procedure has been invented and explained by a cute guy from XDA developers. So the chance of getting troublesome mode is less.
How to Install ClockWorkMod on Samsung galaxy grand Duos GT-i9082
Well, basically the rooting procedure is divided into 2 steps, installing CWM Recovery and getting rooting access from the installed CWM. So our first concern is to install the CWM Recovery prior to direct rooting.
Here we go. To proceed, you have to download 3 important files now.
1. Download the ADB driver file.
2. Download Recovery from here
3. Download the latest Odin 3 from here
Fine. Assuming you’ve successfully downloaded those 3 files. Keep it on the desktop itself for faster access.
It’s time to enter into recovery mode. You may do the following procedure.
Turn off your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (simultaneously) ]. Release it when you see the logo. Now Press vol up to confirm.
Got it right? Connect your phone to your PC via PC mode. Now open Odin3 3.04 that you have downloaded.
Install ADB drivers and you might be in the Odin software now.
- Make sure the COM : xx (xx is USB port number it can be any number.)
- Extract the CWM-touch_i9082_ chotu.tar.zip !
- Now select PDA and browse to where you have extracted CWM touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 and select it.
- Click Start. Done, you’ve installed CWM Recovery in your Samsung Galaxy Grand without any glitch, haven’t you?
Now as the second part, we’ve to root our device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT – i9082
Actually, CWM simplified our job. You can now root your device with the following procedure. It looks like installing a custom ROM. Believe me, it’s the simplest procedure.
- Install the Super SU update file from here
- Switch your phone into Recovery mode by pressing the home button + power button + volume down simultaneously.
- Choose “Install ZIP from SD” by navigating with the volume up and down keys.
- Scroll down and select UPDATE-SuperSU- v1.05.zip
Hey buddy, where’s the party? You have rooted your device along with ClockWorkMod recovery.
Now install various exciting custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, AOKP, etc to boost up your Grand to a “Grand” phone.
Also, you can request here via comments if you need any sort of ROMs. As per requests, I will be posting the ROMs for Galaxy Grand then.