Now you can easily root Galaxy Star duos as one of the XDA members has developed the pre-rooted firmware for the device. Samsung Galaxy Star Duos is an entry-level smartphone with a price worth performance value. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you to root galaxy star duos with the help of the Odin tool. This firmware is based on baseband version S5282DDAMF1 and the build number JZO54K.S5282XXAMF4.
First of all, say thanks to the developer of this rooted firmware for investing his time and effort. Keep in mind that every firmware is built for specific devices and it won’t work in other variants. Here, this rooted firmware is developed for Galaxy Star Duos S5282 only and does not work with S5282 in any manner. So, make sure that you’ve checked the variant, and let’s dig into the tutorial to root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 through this how-to tutorial.
Pre-Requisites and Disclaimer
- Make sure that you have installed the necessary Samsung drivers on your computer. If not, download the drivers and install them.
- Charge your battery at least 60% and enable USB debugging as follows Settings>Applications> Development>Android Debugging.
- Make a backup of all important files including files in the phone storage, contacts, call logs, etc. You can also use a Google account to save the same.
- TechBii will not be held responsible for any damage that might cause your device after this process. Also, we are not the inventors of this guide, and all the tools and apps provided here are subject to copyright and belong to the owner. However, we will try our best to help you in case of further effects.
How to Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282
- Download the Odin tool and pre-rooted firmware [link]. Extract it to a folder on your computer.
- On the extracted folder, check if it contains “pre_rooted_ system.tar” file. If it’s there, go ahead.
- Now switch off your phone and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Vol down, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue until you get the download mode screen.
- Now open the installed Odin tool and connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable. Allow some time to detect your phone the Odin and once it has been detected, you will get an “added” message, and the ID: COM section will turn yellow. If nothing happens, just re-install all necessary phone drivers.
- In the Odin interface, make sure you’ve unchecked the repartition option and checked the reboot option. Leave the rest fields as it is.
- Finally, click on the “PDA” button and load the file which is termed pre_rooted_system.tar from the extracted folder. Click on the Start button and let it reboot.
Your Galaxy Star duos will be rooted after the reboot. Keep in mind that we only rooted the device, and didn’t flash any custom recovery. So, you can’t install custom ROMs at this moment. Keep in touch with us to get the tutorial on how to root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 with ClockWorkMod recovery.