Read receipt & blue tick in Gmail: This is perhaps the coolest Gmail hack ever. With the Doubletick Chrome extension, you can track the sent mail and check whether the mail has been delivered or read. This Whatsapp-like feature has become a boon for many of the users. The working of the Doubletick extension is pretty much similar to the modern internet messengers. Chrome extension, you can track the sent mail and check whether the mail has been delivered or read. This Whatsapp-like feature has become a boon for many of the users. The working of the Doubletick extension is pretty much similar to the modern internet messengers.
Once installed on the Chrome browser, it adds a tracker script which is sent along with all outgoing mails from Gmail. If a particular mail has been delivered to the recipient, the Doubletick extension lets you know via double-tick marks. Followed by that, if that mail is opened, you get the blue double tick.
In short, the DoubleClick extension adds WhatsApp-like double tick marks to your Gmail Account. i.e., Enable delivered & read status in Gmail. Double-tick Chrome extension lets you check whether the sent mail has been opened and read by the recipient with blue tick marks. Its features include:
- See which emails have been opened
- No need to cross-check with your colleagues
- Perfect for Recruiters and Salespeople
- Eliminates guesswork
- Very easy to use no learning curve
Doubletick Chrome extension comes in two versions; DOUBLETICK FREE & DOUBLETICK PRO. In the free version, you get free and unlimited email tracking for Gmail and G SUITE along with real-time notification when your emails are opened. On the other hand, the Pro version provides unlimited features, the option to disable the signature, and high-end priority support.
Update: This extension was removed from Chrome Web Store on 2021-05-28 due to Chrome Web Store policy violation
How to Enable Doubletick in Gmail
- Install the Doubletick Chrome extension from the official Chrome app store.
- After adding the extension to Chrome, you will be redirected to the Account Activation page. Simply log in with your Google account and proceed to your Gmail inbox.
- Now compose a mail to the desired recipient and make sure you see the Doubletick signature at the bottom.
- After sending the mail, go to the Sent Mail tab in Gmail to check the delivered & read status. Once it’s delivered to the recipient, you get the black double tick and if it’s read, the black tick mark becomes blue.
Now one of the most awaited features in Gmail has been enabled with the help of the Doubletick Chrome extension. The recipient won’t know whether you could track the mail if the extension’s signature is disabled by subscribing to the Pro versions. i.e., Gmail read receipt without the recipient knowing.
Enabling double tick & blue tick features on Gmail has been performed by the Gmail read receipt plugin called Doubletick. Let me know whether you’re facing difficulty in adding this email tracking feature to your Gmail account.